Thursday, January 27, 2011

"I'm Missin' You Like Candy"

Posted by: Ashley

Do you remember that song? It's by Mandy Moore circa 1999. I'm playing it on YouTube right now. I'm awesome. WELL (obviously)*, the reason I'm listening to it is because I was looking at pictures of Mandy from the Tangled premieres. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I heard it's cute! So, I was looking at pictures and thinking about how far she has come. It's amazing that this little girl with the terrible pink shirt (and you should SEE the skirt!)...


...turned into this beautiful woman:


Talk about a transformation, right? Back to looking at pictures... I've seen three pictures of her from different Tangled premieres, and while she looks good in at all of the premieres, I'm going to rank them from my least favorite to my favorite.

#3: Tangled Premiere Australia: Well, while Mandy looks lovely, I feel like the dress is ill-fitting and I'm not quite sure about the shoes. I can say that her hair looks simple and romantic and that her makeup looks natural and dewy.


#2: Tangled Premiere Los Angeles: Love the dress and I love the color! It reminds me yesterday when we talked about the Pantone Color of the Year. Her hair looks fantastic pulled off her face, and her skin is luminous and milky. The one thing I'm not crazy about here are the shoes. They look too... chunky. I would have much preferred a simple pump.


#1: Tangled Premiere UK: Love the hair, dress, shoes and necklace. Her hair is very similar to the last picture, but I prefer this one more. The cut of the dress looks awesome on her, and her statement necklace is noticeable, but does not draw too much attention away from the rest of her outfit. The heels provide a pop of color and I love that they are more of a satin-y red rather than bright red. Love, love, love. I wish Mandy was my real friend instead of me just pretending we're bff's. 


She's come so far, it's like watching your little (yet older) sister grow up. I LOVE YOU MANDY! Ah hem, sorry. That was my inner 13 year old coming out.

I know I said I would be doing an outfit post today and I will be! Hooray! I just need to get my booty in gear and go to the gym so I can come shower and get on with my life.

*Did anyone get that reference? I'm pretty sure Sister #2 did. For those of you who don't know, check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment